going green
today my brother dom booked out from tekong. it was his first book out after 2 weeks of confiment in camp.
pasir ris interchange never fails to bring about mixed emotions for gfs of all recruits. myself included (last time). i suppose his gf was trigger happy and over the moon, so were my parents. duh, i mean who wouldn't? Then i recalled 5 years ago, i was one of those people. However, i think i was feeling more confused and apprehensive instead of happy. Which explains why i said, "mixed emotions"
oh how i've grown up. During my formative years as an adolescent, i think i've changed so much . Back then when i was 19, i guess i wasn't much of an idealist. I was happy just being with a bf, engaging in non-extravagant activities which includes movies on weekdays, eating at cheap places and just spending the weekends bumming around. As i've grown older, i'm beginning to indulge more; which is totally justifiable since i am afterall earning an income, and i engage in more intellectually stimulating conversations. I also tend to see things long term rather than short term. Long term happiness/sustainability in a relationship is what i strive for at this moment. I really don't care if it's love at first sight, a summer fling or an office scandal. I'm totally sick of all that. It's like a 5month bull run, followed by an equity slump. You get my drift.
Which explains why i'm terribly picky when it comes to the male counterpart. Of course, like any female who entered the workforce, they definitely would want someone who is financially stable!
And i digress. I was supposed to blog about my brother.
Anyway, the common past time of most workers in a financial institution is drinking. What better way to end the week with some beer. I guess my ex boss whom i worked for in the lab was right. She warned me about ppl working in financial institutions. They always drink. But sometimes, drinking is one way to socialise and relax. At least i get a life and not be stuck in the crap lab with ppl who rave about stupid Taiwan pop star idols or sappy Korean dramas. Now that could possibly degenerate all my brain cells.
I digressed (again). My bad.
Oh, back to tekong.
Hmm...i never liked that crappy pasir ris interchange flooded with recruits all looking like clones.
Only because that place stirs some kinda emotions in me each time i see recruits boarding the Trans-Island bus.
xoxo

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home