Sunday, May 15, 2005

Me & My Childhood Days

I'm bored again.

Anyway, I'm back from a hearty dinner with my family. We ate at Swensens @ Changi Airport. Swensens is just too over-rated and over-priced. I go there only for their Baked Rice and nothing else. So far, they have the best baked rice, and it wins those at NYDC hands down, albeit a smaller portion. Heh. About the exorbitant prices at Swensens, a normal stupid chicken cutlet costs $12.90, and it costs only $5 at my house kopitiam. Whatever it is, just eat their baked rice there and nothing else. Oh you could splurge on the dessert too if you crave for something sweet.

So, there's a pasar malam going on in my estate. For Neha's benefit, in case you completely forgot about your malay language, pasar malam=night market. Heh. They always have pasar malam near my house. Oh i'm so fortunate. Too bad for those staying in condos or private estate. I think i should take a picture of the night market for all you peeps abroad. Typical food stalls that sell nothing but lipid-laden food. All fried! Eeyew. Even those taiwan sausages, though not fried, but i'm very sure its made of pork fats. I usually eat the otah though. heh. but i always get a burning sensation in my tummy. Strange. And then, they have those kiddy rides. Those rides which i weren't allowed to take when i was young. My mom thinks that those vikings and carousels are dangerous. And then there are those inflatable castles where children jump and jump like there's no tommorow. I wasn't allowed to jump on those too, cuz my mom thinks its too dirty, and the children are violent. =(

When i was young, there were quite a lot of things i wasn't allowed to do. I couldnt play near the drains (as usual, they were dirty), i couldn't go downstairs to play, unless accompany by an adult, i wasn't allowed to eat those ice popsicles, cuz (those ice thing in plastic, that costs 10cents), cuz my mom thinks its dirty, and she used to tell me that they make those near the drain. Even now, she thinks that those ice-cream they sell in town are made near drains. Haha. What a wild imagination she has. But i eat them now!!!!! I'm glad i could eat whatever i want now. But whenever i eat something she doesnt approve of, she makes me feel bad about it. Like.."Why are you eating otah?, you have no idea how they made it. They stepped on it..blah blah..Its not that hygenic". Oh..whatever. As long as i like it. And now, she controls what my fat brother eats. haha. Its really hilarious.

Mom:Why you eating that chicken drumstick again! Its so oily!
Bro: What? Quite nice what
Mom: Fattening you know! I don't care, you better not eat without the skin!
Bro: Whats drumstick without the skin? Wah lau eh
Mom: You better not eat ah! Grace, make sure he doesnt eat it.
Bro: Ha nah!
Me:...

Haha, in fact, i dont eat the skin of chicken at all (unless chicken wing, then i don't have much of a choice)! My friends love eating KFC with me, cuz they know they can have my share of the chicken skin. Its true, the skin is TOOOO FATTENING. heh. Maybe my mom's influence has rubbed off me. Maybe.. And i have this paranoid grandma, who won't allow me to eat the outer layer of the pau, cuz she thinks its dirty as well. Haha. Madness

I shall end my daily rant just right about now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home