Monday, May 09, 2005

Love-Hate Relationship

I have a love-hate relationship with something called jogging.
I love jogging because of the endorphines released after that. I love jogging because i feel good after perspiring, and there's this special glow on my body, which made it seems like i've applied some oil on them. Haha. And lastly, i know i get trimmer.

But, what i hate most about jogging is, having to change to jog. Urgh. What a bother. I have to put on socks, my nikes, my nice jogging shorts and my big-yet-cool-looking-Tees or a really sporty singlet, just to jog around some shoddy HDB estate. With nothing but carbon monoxide and cyclists on pavement. Are they stupid or what? Usually, I'll go jogging without my glasses, and if i happen to wear contacts, then good on me. I have this fear of trampling on a dead bird whenever i see something brownish looking on the floor. It only turned on to be a leaf thats wet? Pardon me, but i do have astigmatism, and i see nothing but blurry images. If only my dad could afford a treadmill, then i wouldn't have to go through all these. I could wear ratty clothings at home, and jog, even with my bedroom slippers (i'm kidding about that)

Okay, which brings me to another point. I'm terrified of dead birds. And i'm dead serious about this. (No pun intended). Once, i was walking home, about to cross the road, i saw a flattened dead bird on the floor, must be the works of stupid cyclist again. The bird was left there for almost a damn bloody week. No cleaners bothered to clean that up. For one week, i had to walk past that dead bird. OMG. That was really traumatising. And till today, i refused to walk on that spot where that dead bird laid. I wonder why, call me paranoid or whatever, i was totally disgusted. I cringe whenever i see feathers on the floor. Eeyew?

I totally abhor birds to begin with. Especially the damn crows. After reading an article about how this crow started to peck on this man's head everyday when he goes to work (i laughed when i saw the headlines, i was so scared after they took a picture of his wounds), i'm so afraid of crows. Crows are the 3rd smartest animals according to Animal Planet. Because, for some reason, crows like eating nuts or somethign like that, and because their beaks are not strong enough to pry open the nuts, they would drop them on the ground, so the car can go over the nuts, and then they get their nuts.

And i digressed again. So i shall just end here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home