le femme
I never thought I would say this, and i take back whatever i've said 5 years ago - i actually love the adverts and reviews in Her World magazine. From the LV to Cartier to Bvlgari and Miumiu. I convet them all!
Back then, i used to love Cleo. The bags, makeups and even clothings seem more affordable for a university student. Her World back then seemed alittle too far fetched. I could never fathom why anyone would pay $3000 for a bag, or $700 for a pair of shoes. I've finally unravelled that sacred mystery.
It's not because everyone else around me has it, neither is it because i will look 'cool' with some high end bag. who gives the feck about looking cool anyway, i thought we were over that phase after secondary school. Anyway, here's why. I realised that when you've worked so hard, all you wanna do is splurge and treat yourself to something exclusive. Ever since i've started working, going on a shopping seems like a bi-monthly affair. It's not like in uni days, after school i hang out at some malls and splurge money on utterly useless stuff.
While others pamper themselves with spa and facials, i prefer material goods.And food (how could i forget that!) I know it sounds extremely foolish to pay so much for a bag. I haven't gone to that extent yet! My most expensive bag, which is only a Agnes B cost only $200ish. Miumiu or a Tods is way X10000 above that.
These are the things i covet, and they are not on my 'must have lists'. These are things which motivate me to work harder so that i can buy them. Even though after every month end, i've achieved personal targets, i still don't end up buying them.
I'm living a dillusional life.
Doesn't mean i don't buy means i can't rave about them.
So ladies, do you get it now?
If you don't, maybe you might in 5 years time.

1 Comments:
avarice takes hold of you
Post a Comment
<< Home