Sunday, August 24, 2008

31.8.2008 - where will you be?


I never knew what wasting time meant, till i had to queue up for my freaking Nike Human Race racepack.

Nike Human Race is a 10km charity run. I paid $25, and chose to donate it to WWF (not World Wresting Federation, but World Wildlife Federation). Come 31st Aug, 10million ppl from all over the world will run 10km for charity.

And if you think 10km is quite a challenge, you've got another thinking. Standing in line for a fucking 4 hours just to collect the racepack was an even
bigger challenge. I arrived at Clarke Quay at 1.30pm, and was overwhelmed by the crowd. I didn't even know where the queue started. I was on the verge on making a U-turn. But since i'm already there i shall just perish with the rest.

My back's aching like hell. It was sheer torture. I don't even think running 10km would be as torturous as standing for 4 hours without much to do except listening to my ipod and reading my magazines. Oh gawd. And the best thing, they only had 10 counters for collection. I don't even remember SHAPE run being like that. I still told my mom i'll be back by 2pm. As if. I got home at 6pm. What a waste of my Sunday. And to add insult to any (physical injury ala my back) i had to run across the damn bridge and was drenched TWICE. Bad Sunday.
I don't wanna talk about my Friday with Nut, where a stupid girl puked in front of us (thankfully not on us) when we were about to devour on our dinner, which somewhat looked appetizing but we both unanimously agreed that it's nothing but a dish of smelly fish. And i slipped and fell at the stairs after the movie. Something which hadn't happened for years. I can't rem the last time slipped and fell. i've ended up with a bruise on my elbow. :(


I'm the 844651th runner


Participating Countries



I NEED A BACK + FOOT MASSAGE!!!

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you never want to have a foot massage on brunch sundays! I'm gleeful i can now access blogs atwork :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home