Friday, November 03, 2006

Code Blue!

I still don't understand how the term 'code blue' came about. Code blue refers to an emergency. For eg, if someone becomes unconscious, then the hospital will make a code blue announcement over the PA system, stating the exact location. And of course, i'm quite sure the housemen would panic and be the first to rush off to the scene.

I just caught 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy. Great stuff i tell you. It beats those mindless, raunchy tv dramas like Desperate Housewives or Lost. I can't describe why it's so good, but it's best you watch it yourself. The terms they used in the show are so familiar. Heh. I bet many ppl don't know how to spell suturing. Which in medical term means stitching.

Scrubs, surgical gloves, disposable gowns. All too familar. The only procedure that i come close to in an OR is Frozen Sections (FS) . Sigh. I wish i could at least witness a surgery. At least i know during a FS, i'm kinda considered part of the pseudo-surgical team. No? I still remembered when i did an FS, i had a group of housemen observing me. Haha.

TV dramas aside. Lately, some drama has happened at work. One of the staff quitted on impulse. This girl who came in 2 weeks after me. I was taken aback really. It's like for one moment, she was being told off for her mistake, the next thing i know, she became angry and left the place (for good). oh well..ppl come and go.

There has also been this great speculation from my co-workers that i've been targetted to be trained in cytology by a pathologist. I don't know how i feel about it. Mixed feelings. For one, my market value will be higher. Sky high actually, considering how there are only 20 cytologists in Sg. Erm..and the next is, i have more responsibilities to take up. I don't even know if i'll like it. I guess god always has a plan for everyone of us. Erm, and for the unitiated, cytology is actually the study of cells, rather than tissue. For eg, searching for atypical cells in fluids, or pap smears, and then making diagnosis.

Sighhhh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home