Thursday, October 05, 2006

On Lasik

For the uninitiated, Lasik is not a cooler name for Laser. Neither is it 'Laser' in Greek/Latin

LASIK stands for Laser-assisted In Situ Keratomileusis.

Ppl like myself need Lasik for I'm usually too lazy to wear my contact lenses. I dislike the hassle of cleaning my lenses when i'm feeling all sleepy and tired when i reach home.

Sometimes, i wish i had perfect eyesight. I should've listened to my parents when i was younger. I've got this bad habit of sitting close to the TV, especially when Smurf was on. I started wearing glasses when i was 7. From the gross pink plastic frames, to Snoopy, to Esprit, to Guess. Now, i'm wearing a brandless one. Even though it has no brand, it still doesn't look ugly. Haha.

I want perfect eye sight

In fact, i'll go for Lasik sometime next year. Anybody wants to join me?
It costs just as much as orthodontic treatment.
But, don't say i never warn you. Some people, after Lasik surgery can no longer wear contact lenses, that's if their shortsightedness comes back again. That's because, after Lasik, the shape of your cornea changes. Sometimes the change might be too drastic that contact lenses can no longer fit.

We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home