Sunday, November 06, 2005

Weekend Blues

I'm a little irritated. You'll know why
Here's an email i sent to my Human Disease Lecturer. I've chose not to mention His name, just in case he googles his name, which im sure many ppl do, including myself. Hail narcissism! (how do you spell that anyway? its like spelling mississippi)

Dear Prof,
i actually have some queries pertaining to your lectures.

1. Is the antigen of the T cells the accumulated lipids in the macrophage?

2. What affects the instability of a plaque that results in rupture? What causes the thinning of the fibrous cap?

3. Does the narrowing of artery wall lead to a haemorrhage in plaque?

4. As for FH, it is caused by LDL receptor mutation therefore cholesterol can't be transported to liver for catabolism. What about IDL? They can too transport cholesterol back to the liver right?

5. Some readings suggested that CETP inhibitors could be used to increase HDL, and hence lower the plasma cholesterol. If a patient suffers from FH, will CETP inhibitors still be useful to them?


And his reply :
Grace, your questions will be dealt with during the tutorial.

Excuse moi! The reason why i send you emails is because
1. I hate attending your damn tutorials
2. You can't get me to open my mouth to ask questions in front of the entire LT
3. I suffer from a bad case of attention deficit in your class
4. I never knew what the hell you were teaching till i studied those chapters on my own

Now he tells me he'll answer my burning questions in tutorial! Gees man. Isn't tutorial the time where he gives us questions, and we try to answer them? What is this? role reversal? Its not even a Q&A session.

Grrrr.

Anyway, i had really bad indigestion problem last night.
I took an antacid tablet, containing Simethicone as the active ingredient! Way to go! I'm all right now. And i'm ready to binge on my M&S Chocolate Digestives.

Last night, I had dinner with my parents at Marché.
I had a roast chicken leg, with a huge ass serving of mashed potatoe. Sigh, so much for my no-carbs dinner. It was fantastic. And, we also shared a bowl of fried calamari. This is the only time i would eat sotong. Because they really taste like rubber. Gawd knows how they get digested, because i'm sure as hell that i didn't masticate those sotongs into little bolus.
And we had coffee at Spinelli's
And, i bought 2 VCDs from HMV. Hahh.
And i bought some facial products!

Whee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home