Saturday, March 01, 2008

On randomness and routine

I absolutely abhor randomness. Not that it catches me by surprise, but it gives me this 'outta the blue' vibes. It is as though i'm easily dispensible, and taken granted for. Do i look like a fair-weathered friend to you?

Sigh.

Naturally, everybody wants to be cherished. And if he wants to talk to me over the phone, then jolly well make it a routine. That way, i don't feel EXASPERATED or distressed.

Today, i'm quite happy because 2 things happened

1) I found a $1 coin on the floor. Finder's keepers, losers weepers
2) I bought a $49 ergonomics special foam pillow to alleviate the neckache

The SOAB Ikea's ergonomics pillow, which i paid $12 for is nothing close to being ergonomics. Oh gawd. I can't believe i paid money to get a neckache. Don't ever buy! Might as well pay me, then i'll do a karate-chop on your neck if you ever need a GOOD neckache

Ever since this horrifying experience, I've learnt my lesson and decided to invest in a good pillow. The sales promoter told me this pillow can last for 4-5 years. We shall see. As though i'm not in sales myself, this is clearly a crap sales talk. It's ironic how i'm doing sales myself, and yet i believe in sales talk, even though i clearly know it is CRAP.

oh how bizarre.

Today, 2 things happened too

1) I used cold hard cash to invest in a Middle East fund
2) I bought another endowment which matures when i'm 60 years old.


Also, I never quite like the taste of beer. But i absolutely love Martinis and Magaritas.

I'm so random.

p/s: I caught Meet The Spartans. It was quite a no-brainer. Arghh. Thank goodness for the movie vouchers! I wouldn't pay money to catch that!


3 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

grace, embrace spontaneity!

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

grace!

read the first sentence of yr post, and the last sentence of your post!

lol

-nic

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha she abhors randomness yet is random in this post? hi nick how is ur bugs bunny looking face. hi fatty grace see u in the sixties.
hobs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home