Saturday, March 03, 2007

Rain rain, go away

The weather has been pretty gloomy lately, albeit nice and chilly.
I really shouldn't complain, because 90% of the time, i'm perpetually complaining about the damn humidity in singapore.

I think the chilly weather is pretty nice too. It is perfect for a cuppa and a book or movie. It is nice for snuggling in bed under the duvet. But i hate carrying a brolly wherever i go. I have this idiosyncracy (which my dad knows of as well) of keeping my brolly in one of those Subway Sandwiches plastic bags. Yes, the long one which you put your foot long sandwich inside. I collect them so that i can keep my brolly. Strange huh. I'm such a queer person.

Anyway, today i went to the bank again for my competency test. It was mentally draining. 60 questions in 3o minutes to test your verbal and logic skills and of course, another 40 math questions. It's like SAT; only without negative marking. And you'll soon know the outcome in 7 days time. hurhur.

People have been asking me very frequently about my love life. Unfortunately, this time round, i've decided not to take the proactive approach, because i don't see a need to commit now and i'm happy with everything i have. Commitments can be a chore, really. I wonder how i made it through last time. Eeks. Even though i took/take fancy in some guys, i refuse to do anything about it. If it happens it happens. And it's not like getting attached is my #1 priority right now. It's amazing how our ideals change as we grow older. When you're experiencing the post-student life, you tend to leave all that teenage ideals behind, and you move on. You think about alot of things, especially money (or is it just me). You also think about your career; which i do very often. And most importantly, you think about your future. All these thoughts occupy my mind most of the time, anything other than these are quite trivial. Hah.

I hope i don't become a spinster though.

Sure i want to get married and have kids, but maybe the time isn't even right now. At least i've given marriage some thoughts.

Someone once asked me what song would i want to play on my wedding, and i told him i would like Edwin McCain's I Couldn't Ask For More.

See, i think long term! Actually, i think i know of a guy who is marriage material.
But.....


i think we'll talk about it another time.



p/s: fucking beetle wouldn't leave my room. Argh!
pps: I hate beetles!
ppps: Did you guys know when i was 5, i accidentally ate a beetle (which happened to be in a cereal box) thinking it was a raisin! Nabei.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home