On Love
Someone told me last night i shouldn't stop riding a bicycle, just because i've fallen from it once, and ended up hurting myself.
Well, pretty good analogy i thought.
It's quite a bit of cowardice on my part. After everything, i find it hard to give love a chance, or that nice guy out there a chance. Why, well..i'm afraid of committing, afraid of falling too deep that i end up hurting myself again. Call it some sort of phobia, but thats how i've been feeling. I would never wanna see any guy in a special sorta way, nor make him fall for me. I'm afraid i'm not brave enough to handle matters of the heart. I'm afraid of breaking hearts.
Many a times, i get so pessimistic about relationships, such that the thought of an eventual break up kinda deters me from even getting into one. I mean, who likes breakups right?
Feelings fade together with the chemistry and passion. Nothing really lasts forever.
But someone told me, being with someone is more of a decision, than a feeling. You decide to be with that someone not out of that sheer lovey dovey feeling, but its more of a commitment that you've made to stick by him/her, whether or not that feeling is still there. I know this sounds alot like marriage, but isn't a relationship a step before marriage?
gawd, don't even mention marriage. I'm afraid of that word. To me, its like a temporary fairy tale, and a permanent living hell. I mean, who knows what will happen in a marriage. Feelings fade, partners cheat on each other, divorce. I don't know.
I've seen so many relationships not working out, i've experienced one myself.
So the moral is, fuck relationships, or stick to an open relationship

3 Comments:
eh why your entries so depressing and all on love these days... but lemme join you hahaha. hobs
1. you like a friend but he likes someone else.
2 you like a friend but he likes your friend!!
3. you like someone who perhaps likes you too but he's just using you for whatever reasons while waiting for someone better to come along, also because he doesn't wanna commit to you.
You see fat Gracie. not being in a relationship is just as fucked up hur hur. oh anyway I was looking in our KC yearbook today, yuks man yuks haha. hobs
yeah and because of the 3rd reason, i also don't wanna commit what.
And for the 1st and 2nd reason..hahah, i dunnoe, never experienced that sorta shit. Oh wait, maybe 1st one have!
stay single always!
Post a Comment
<< Home