Climb On!
Lets see, my sports achievements to date:
- Survivor (bronze) in swimming
- Table tennis (singles) (nationals, East Zone)
- Level 1 Windsurfing course
- Level 1 Rock Climbing
Rock climbing was really good yesterday. I've learnt how to climb and belay. Good adrenaline rush. I have so much respects for climbers. I don't know how they do it. mind over matter? I've managed to finish 1 wall with determination. Wow, good feeling when you're at the top. But took me ages, cuz i was resting half way on the wall. don't ask how i rest. I just stood close to the wall.
My toes are aching, because we had to step on really small tiles. So much tip toeing, just like ballet. My arms are aching like mad. It felt as though i did a million pull ups (wasn't even that bad after windsurfing). My legs..feel okay strangely. In fact, in rock climbing, you're supposed to exert your thigh muscles more than your arms. You know, like push yourself up to grab hold of a tile. But i ended up exerting my arm muscles more than my thighs. Perspired like mad when i'm halfway through climbing..Can die. Its so xiongggg. Climbers and belayers actually have special terms which they use during the climb. Cool eh?
I would love to go rock climbing again. I can bring beginners to rockwalls now, cuz i'm sorta certified =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home