Friday, July 20, 2007

late nights, long talks

I'm back from prata land ala Simpang Bedok with the cat aka my colleague, felix.

I'm having problem sleeping early these days. I mean, take yesterday as an example. Sleeping at 430? And today, well..probably 345. Oh gawd. That's quite a topsy turvy biological clock for a person who is employed.

But life is great, i'm not complaining.

I think talks are therapeutic. Be it over the phone or over teh peng. Of course, the listeners are what make the difference. The wonders of communications. I'm a person who value and emphasises alot on communication. Imagine having a significant half who doesn't understand what you're talking about half the time, or don't get witty jokes. Oh gawd. Torture.

I was bored, and googled on a psychology concept called, Cognitive Dissonance. What it means in a nut shell is that what you do, and what you perceive, don't go hand in hand. Eg: You're against the slaughtering of animals, and yet you eat meat. It's probably one very common trait I find in humans. Strange how we rationalise things huh.

Tomorrow, I shall go to the dentist if i have the time. I realised that my time after working hours are packed for this week. Sadly. It's been a while since I went home straight after work, stayed home all the way through the night. At this rate i'm going, i'm definitely gonna be nagged. But hey, just recently, i was discussing with my dad about the idea of moving out say when i'm financially stable (which should be by the end of the year), and i got the green light from him. He thinks it's a good idea for me to be independent and stuff. Terrific. Let's hope i find a boyfriend by the end of this year too! Then life would be even better.

I always think that it's a good idea to co-habit with your partner before marriage. That way, you'll unravel all the quirky habits or idiosyncrasies of your partner. Can you imagine marrying a man, and from the day you move in with him, he drives you crazy because he doesnt say squeeze toothpaste from the middle, but the end, or he leaves clothes lying on the floor.
Well, that's something i can't bear to imagine.

With that, I shall try get some eye shut. Not that tired though, cuz i concussed on the floor, literally on the floor in my room after i came back from the 5km run.

Many thanks to the people who give me daily wake up calls. Such sweeties they are!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home