Sunday, September 10, 2006

Nostalgia

Yesterday, when my dad told us that he'll be bringing us to this place where we used to eat very often, back when we were young kids, i was so excited!
This really special place, located along one of the roads, just beside SIM sells great home cooked dishes. Their speciality? Paper wrapped chicken.

Don't expect anything posh nor quaint. It is a simple, kampung-like and very very traditional place.


Is this retro or what?
translation: 纸包鸡
chicken wrapped in paper
This metal bowl is for you to throw the paper and bones

So farm- like.

Honestly, the place hasn't changed a bit despite 2 decades. The plates they used were the same, so were the teacups. The place has not undergone any sorta renovation, the carpark still very sandy. I expected it to be tarred though. Everything is still the same. The taste of the food. Yum. Heavenly. My favourite oyster sauce noodles, and those chicken. I missed those days when i was a 5 yr old kiddo, my parents brining me there, my brother was still in a stroller.
Such fond memories back when i was still living at bukit batok, i attended kindergarten at holland v, i took organ classes at chip bee garden. Holland V cold storage was my favourite place, because they had mini trolleys for kids.

Sigh.

On a lighter note, lately, i realised i have this obsession with skin care products. Last week i bought a moisturizer, and this week is not any different. I got myself.....


$26.50 for this puny tube of Fancl Eye Cream
Why eye cream you ask? That's because the first sign of ageing that is noted, is usually ard the eyes. I'm talking about crow's feet aka wrinkles. And plus, you don't need those sickening dark circles/puffiness around your eyes. So there. Currently, i'm using Garnier's eye lightening cream. Two words: It sucks.
And my first liquid/water proof eyeliner from Maybelline.
I hate those pencil ones though. They always smudge.

Next week, or when pay day comes, I might consider buying some collagen. TO DRINK.


Wah, i'm a changed person.
I'm all about beauty & health now.

What happened to the old me???

1 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha fatty i went there to eat with my sim flens, chee pow kai but eh too many bones, yuks. the sim area, i like. hobs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home