Sunday, July 02, 2006

Parting is such sweet sorrow

One of my oldest friends, Nick has already left for Sydney.
The scene at the departure gate seems all too familiar.
The goodbye hugs, the friends, the parents.
I never liked goodbyes.
Then, there was Nick unpacking his luggage, becuz it was a hefty 53kg, for which, he had to pay 600 bucks for excess baggage. Reminded me of the time when i was at Sydney. The damn luggage was 40kg. I panicked like fuck, because i estimated, and was expected to pay at least $800 for the excess weight. Thank god for the guys who allowed me to check in together with them, so the weight kinda distributed equally.
And there was also the pre-departure scare the the morning. I realised i couldnt close the luggage priort to leaving the house. I panicked again, and i removed one other jacket.

But all these departure scare and stress makes everything worth while. Imagine the tonnes of fun you'll have abroad without the parentals (or other half, if you're attached). You meet new ppl, try new things (like dope), visit places, and live an entirely different life on your own.
It is indeed a 360 revolution.
I would go through all srts of hassle, for a chance to be abroad on my own.
And i will fufil that wish, of saving just enough to do my masters overseas.

Right now, there are tonnes of things i have to do

1. get my shoes for graduation
2. figure out how to wear the graduation gown (i honestly have no clue)
3. pack the room
4. streak my hair

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home