Monday, June 26, 2006

Of life and its fragility

The thing about working in a hospital is that you gain an interesting insight on life.
One of which is the fragility of life.
Each and every single day, i see forms with ppl suffering from cancer cancer and more cancer. And it gets even more heart wrenching when i see their age. Breast cancer at the age of early 30s? A spinal cord biopsy of a teenager, a cyst growth on a primary school kid. I feel for these ppl.

I guess in a way, it kinda taught me how to cherish my life and maybe live a healthier life.
Every day, you see organs and tissues whatever after a surgery had been done (i'm assuming the person whose organs we cut up has passed on) it kinda dawns on you that, hey, i better live my life healthily, for i do not want my organs to look like that. (ie perulent exudates with grey white material oozing out) = carcinoma

Life is different now, ever since i've started work. I realised how i'm starting to become so responsible and disciplined. Paying bills and updating bank book have also became my favourite hobby. Funny how ppl can change over time.
I certainly have, for the better definitely.

i have different ideals, different expectations, different lifestyles, different tastes.

Wow, now that seems pretty dramatic.

Cheerios

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home