Saturday, February 04, 2006

Trekking

Yesterday i had quite an amazing time in school.
We went trekking at Kent Ridge, just behind Science, for this Ecology module that i'm taking
And you won't believe this, my havaianas slippers survived throughout the entire journey.
I'm just too stubborn to wear shoes you see. I'm not talking about straight concrete paths like Bukit Timah Hill. We bloody had to walk into the jungle. I'm not complaining this time, cuz I've survived Smiths Lake, which was 100X worse! "worse than army" according to the guys. So, what we had to do was, walk down this fucking steep slope (not made of concrete), where shrubs, stones, branches were scattered all over (times like these, i thank god my slippers had reasonably good grip). And then at the mid point of the slope, we had to measure a circle of radius 5m, start counting the number and types of trees/plants, take ground temperature, measure the canopy cover and the diameter of the barks.

Thats pretty much what we had done for our practical. Met some Biodiversity students at KentRidge too. And then the TA offered to show us some bunkers behind Kent Ridge. I don't even know why its still there. It's been there since the British Colonial times. As usual, you have to climb up stupid steep slopes and stuff to get there. Quite interesting and eerie.

And i still don't understand why they call the Tembusu tree, the NUS tree. How lame is that.

Meeting the Nut later
Probably movie with the parents after that.

ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home