Monday, January 16, 2006

The Return of Yours Truly

Dear friends,
I'm back in Singapore. Thanks for those who text me when i arrived.
6 weeks in Sydney was incredible. The memories will always be deeply etched. During the 6 weeks, good friendships were forged. We went through tough times(read: dirty living condition) at Smiths Lake, and the rest were good times. Cooking dinner together,bitching late at night, bus rides, shopping, late nights DVD sessions, coffeebreaks at mackers during the exams, horse riding, surfing at manly beach, New years eve, xmas bbq, weekly grocery shoppings, laundry. This list is never ending. Everyone was one big happy family! :)

The friends i've made there were SO SO fantastically nice. By 6 weeks, everyone knew each other as though they've been friends for 10 years. Ppl know me inside out. In fact, they know me even better than The Ex. They can predict what im gonna say, what im thinking, what i like and dislike, my quirky habits etc etc. I'm so surprised that in just 6 weeks, ppl can read each other like a book. I'm so gonna keep their friendship alive. I love them, especially my flatmate.

Not one moment did i regret coming over to Sydney. Every second there made me feel that this trip was all worth it. Matter of fact, i applied for this programme 2 days after my break-up. It was pretty much an impulsive thing, cuz i thought i really needed to get away, find a new life there etc. Wow, the break up must've been a blessing in disguise. Not only has this trip given me a different life, it has opened my eyes to so many things, and people of course. So to the Ex, thanks alot! Though i still dont think i owe you one.

I've never really felt homesick throughout the 6 weeks. I call back on alternate days. In fact, it was so fun that i didn't really bother much about the things going on in Singapore. I miss local food in Sydney. I mean, they do have chinese resturants selling fried rice, etc etc, but, they don't sell food like, chwee kueh or say carrot cake. You get my drift

I've met genuinely nice australians there. Sales assistants were also veryfriendly, ppl on the same flight as me were so so friendly too. Talking to me as though we flew to Sydney together. haha. The erratic weather in Sydney is something unforgettable. I miss waking up feeling cold, having to use hot water to wash my face. I miss wearing socks and a pull over to sleep.

I was excited the moment the airplane touched down in Singapore. I really was so estatic to see my parents. But after today, i wish i was back in Sydney. There's nothing much i like here in Singapore apart from my family and friends.

till then,
grace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home